As it happens over and over again in our life, various processes and phenomena hidden behind their catchy names correspond rather remotely to their modest real essence. For a long time, this has not surprised anyone or misled anyone. Rarely does anyone grasp wicker baskets when he hears that it is raining mushrooms, or thinks that pirate copies, which are famously chased by representatives of the law, without giving themselves or others any respite, are kept in silver-forged chests of one-eyed thugs with crooked daggers in their teeth.
Strange as it may seem, the same cannot be said about dance music. As a pleasant variety, it means exactly dance music - no more and no less. That is, music written specifically for dancing.
Someone may doubt that some specific music is needed for dancing. Maybe, of course, he has every right and can even use any music for his purely personal dance events, even funeral music. But this does not in any way negate the fact that everyone else still prefers to dance to dance music, especially since there is still no tangible lack of it. And its availability in the presence of special licenses Royalty Free is generally not limited to anything.
The very idea of the possibility of performing some periodically repeating various movements for your own pleasure, accompanying them with sound effects, pleasant enough for hearing, is lost somewhere in the mists of time. Apparently somewhere else among the company of cute no longer monkeys, not yet hardly people. And all these noise effects undergo quite expected changes as the musical instruments themselves develop, remaining in one way or another within the framework of live dance music.
The latest recording technologies inexorably translate live dance music into dance music recorded for our pleasure. It only means that instead of hired musicians with a bad mood playing in real time, your dance will be accompanied by the performance of the same musicians with a bad mood, but recorded on a medium of your choice. In any case, this makes it even more accessible in this way. Not so much, of course, as using the Royalty Free license, but still ...
This amazing license gives anyone the right to use particular dance music for their own personal purposes, not excluding commercial purposes. Whether it is dance music played with live instruments or dance music created with synthesizers and computers, whether it is club, commercial, or experimental, the Royalty Free license will always be in action.
If we talk very briefly about dance music, then we can point out that the beginning of the 90s of the twentieth century formed the direction of Eurodance, also known as Club House, EuroPop, Handbag. His exclusive task was to create one completely irresistible desire in any human being who found himself in the sound zone - to dance. Without distinction of gender, age, religion, without taking into account the time and place ... For this purpose, everything that an ordinary listener could classify as "complex" was dispassionately discarded - melodic combinations, syncopations, complex rhythms and overloaded arrangements.
Particularly meticulous lovers of the classification of everyone and everything can easily identify such areas of electronic dance music as:
- House - Light, major music, originally created for dancing with extensive use of electronic musical instruments, appeared in the United States in the early eighties and peaked in popularity in the nineties. House is distinguished by a special soft sound, aimed at a mass listener, which is achieved by repeated rhythm beat and filling the musical space with sound inserts that overlap with it. The analogies that come to mind with the styles of electro, high energy, soul and funk are not accidental, for House is their most direct descendant. Without any qualifications, House is the most popular style of modern dance music.
-Ambient is a kind of musical direction, endowed with an amazing property to envelop the surrounding atmospheric space in a certain way. Usually it is characterized by the absence of a clear structure and rhythm, the presence of reverberations, random noises and mesmerizing sounds of living nature. Has an extremely relaxing effect on the listener.
- Trance - evolved naturally from European techno and acid house music in the early nineties, incorporating some of the ambient and new age sound elements traditionally associated with space and atmospheric music. Cyclical melodic parts, phrases and musical forms have a hypnotic effect on the listener. Surprisingly, experience has shown that crowded open-air festivals are the most appropriate place to experience this kind of dance music accompanied by a slow immersion in trance-like states.
-Techno - This style of dance music, born in Detroit in the mid-eighties, absolutely does not need anything more than the mechanical rhythm of drum machines, meager synth sound and some set of effects. The absence of vocals and the possibility of overlapping rhythms turned out to be quite tempting for both musicians and DJs, so today multi-layered night discos, located mainly on specially equipped dance floors instead of hand-painted warehouse premises that have gone into the past, are no longer imagined outside the framework of techno with its fast enough rhythm.
- Hardcore - has a weakness for hooligan lyrics and hard straight beat. The exact origin of the term defies scientific explanation, it is only known that it owes its birth to punk rock, because it is its legal subgenre, and this happened simultaneously in the UK and in the USA in the late seventies.
- Hard dance - Hard House in Great Britain, Hard NRG, Hard Trance and similar specific directions of club music, preferring a straight fast beat of the order of 145 beats per minute, and are in their totality hard dance.
- Minimal - a small number of original sounds combined with a high repetition rate - are the same hallmarks of the minimal subgenre of dance music, as well as movable bulging eyes and the ability to wallow for hours in the mud in the cutest fish of the goby family, the mudskipper. And do not ignore the fact that the term referring to this subgenre tends to acquire different meanings in different parts of the world.
-Drum and Bass - abbreviated as D&B - unlike other genres of dance music, has a kind of bass, which, however, requires special musical equipment for proper listening and perception. Nightclubs, as a rule, have such equipment, along with the ability to listen at a sufficiently high volume. It also goes well with extreme sports, especially if these classes are held in nightclubs.
- Psychedelic Trance - naturally evolved from goa-trance in the mid-nineties, retaining the basic elements inherent in goa-trance. Both psychedelic and goa use the same equipment for concerts, parties or raves, which are held according to the same schemes in the same time and space, colors and other paraphernalia - in the same touching acid tones. Only Goa-trance prefers to place a musical accent directly on the dance, and psychedelic-trance does not want to limit itself to such a narrow framework - changing and expanding consciousness, testing one's own and someone else's psyche for strength in dance-acceptable ways is a much more attractive goal for many fans of this entertaining direction ...
- Dubstep - 95, or even 100 percent consists of remixes, and sometimes only the chorus is left from the original composition and the sound typical for dubstep is achieved by strengthening the bass part and adding additional effects. It is believed that the purpose of such events is to create a rhythm within the brain space of the music lover, which should "push him to some special thoughts." It is not specified what kind of thoughts.
- Breaks or Breakbeat - a direction in dance music, characterized by a broken drum part of the composition. A tempo of 110 to 150 bpm is definitely faster than slow trip-hop, but not as fast as drum and bass. A kind of broken rhythm is sometimes achieved by imposing a certain number of rhythms, or by shifting strong beats to weak ones.
- Downtempo, trip-hop - trip-hop is slow and calm music with a distinct bass line, which is capable of combining any elements of any genre, the main thing is that they ultimately create a general depressive coloring of the composition.
And of course, this entire splendor goes hand in hand with the need to somehow interact with all those authors whose rights are under the vigilant protection of the relevant government agencies. Especially for such cases, when your own project requires significant support in the form of sound content of this kind, there is a Royalty Free license, which, with a one-time payment for the required musical material, will ensure its further safe use.
Music of the early twenty-first century refuses to fit into one clearly defined style, intertwining elements of a wide variety of directions. All this creates unimaginable difficulties when describing new albums, forcing them to literally get up on the ears of the authors of articles when creating multi-storey definitions that reveal the hidden essence of what they have heard. But dance music does not care about the problems of these authors - it sweeps past them in the fiery rhythm of cha-cha-cha coupled with all the variety of Royalty Free licenses.