How to create a YouTube channel
How to create a YouTube channel
Ever since YouTube began to provide us ordinary people with the services of storing, delivering and displaying a variety of videos, since then, we, the former ordinary people, have become users of YouTube channels, and tirelessly upload, view, rate, comment, add to favorites and do other cool things with these videos. What makes YouTube the most popular video hosting and the second site in the world in terms of the number of visitors?
The daily number of views today reaches astronomical figures, which cannot but arouse the desire of some especially active users to create their own YouTube channel. What's more, it's completely free. Anyone can easily create their own blog (still the same channel but sounds cooler) because YouTube is an open platform.
With the help of YouTube, your personal worldview will be ready to join the global blogosphere, where your unique self-expression will also be supplied with feedback, namely, communication with subscribers that is incomparable in terms of emotional energy. In some, especially happy cases, it can also become a means of earning.
If you are still not sure that you need it, then here are a few more facts on the scales to put aside unnecessary doubts:
Firstly, the creation of the channel will not take much time - just a matter of five to ten minutes;
Secondly, watching videos today is a more relevant time-filling than some old-fashioned reading of articles and books;
Thirdly, the interests of people are prone to change, so the information space is constantly being released, which simply calls for filling with high-quality content.
With all that out of the way, let's get started:
Then you can proceed directly to creating and configuring your channel.
1. Select "My Channel" and display the selected channel name.
2. Click "Create Channel".
3. Change the default avatar to your own using the "Change channel icon" window.
4. Then you need to make a channel decoration in the "Add channel decoration" section. For this, you can either make pictures or photos of 2048 by 1152 pixels in size yourself, or use ready-made ones selected from the YouTube gallery.
5. To customize the page view, go to the settings and turn on the “Overview” page view, where the necessary tabs will appear.
6. The "About the channel" section makes it possible to describe the channel, add links (no more than five in number), and specify an email for communication.
7. In the "Advanced settings" you can add a channel logo. To do this, go to "Corporate Identity" and click "Add Channel Logo".
8. In the "Status and Features" section, you will need to confirm the channel via SMS.
9. If necessary, you can restrict access to the video. (For example, if you show your video only to users who have paid for a subscription.) This can be done in the video manager. Next to the selected video, click "Edit", and then select the one you need to restrict access.
Now you can add your videos. In the Advanced settings section, you can work with additional functions, such as allowing or closing comments, setting age restrictions, and the like.
After all this, boldly click - "publish" and wait for the arrival of subscribers and an avalanche increase in popularity with them.
And most importantly, do not forget that creating a channel is only the first step. The next steps will focus on development and promotion. Here, studying the statistics on the main page will help you, analyzing which you can adjust your video content to the tastes and preferences of the desired audience, eliminate the inevitable mistakes and misses, gaining useful experience to create another, and why not, YouTube channel.